Monday, October 26, 2009

A Cinderella Story...

So I went a pretty b***chy on my last entry so I decided today, I'm not gonna do that. Because it's more fun to write about other stuff, stuff that makes me happy and stuff that I found it amusing.

Today, I'm gonna write about Cinderella. Pretty surprising because those who knew me would know I hate damsel-in-distress fairy tales thing. Sleeping Beauty is the absolute worst in my opinion. For the Sleeping Beauty fans, no offense!!! I have my reasons. One, she's overly privileged. Because she's happen to be the princess of the land, the fairies had to kiss the king's a** by giving her the gift of skin white as snow, lips red as blood and hair dark as ebony. People killed themselves to get those and she got it before she even knew she needed it. Typical!!! Two, despite the protection that she from the evil witch, she's hopeless. How on earth she got stupid enough to put her hand on the sharp needle? Can't she sense the danger to it? Three, after she got stupid, she still got what she wants, a good long sleep and a prince to accompany her to her la la land. So dumbfounded. And plus when I knew the original version, I like her less. In the original version, she was so beautiful that when she fell asleep, her father saw her lying there so beautiful and decided to fornicate her (for those who didn't understand, simply put he f**k her) and the evil witch doomed for 100 years and for that 100 years of slumber, she was the 'touch and go' for those who passed by (or maybe pretend to pass by) because she was too beautiful to be left behind. And after 100 years, she woke up when she found out that a prince was on his first gear to...you know what. She fell in love with him and she married him. Without knowing that the prince was going to...you know what to her and she's been the main course for countless of men for 100 years. Isn't that dumb???

Clearly, with hating Sleeping Beauty, it figured I hate Cinderella too. But there's one version of Cinderella that I absolutely love, Cinderella from Roald Dahl's revolting rhymes. And I'm sure those who hated Cinderella story will love this version too. Don't trust me? Just watch below...



Why I love this version??? Number one, who could not love anything written by Roald Dahl??? He's an absolute genius!!! I probably owed my English to mister Dahl. He gave me so much happiness when I was a child when I read his Charlie and Chocolate Factory, Mathilda, Giant Peach!!! He's a wonder and a brilliant writer. Number two, it actually got a pretty lesson compared to the typical Cinderella story. The only lesson that I can derived from the traditional Cinderella is sit tight and let other whack the hell lot of you and eventually you'll get what you deserve. Darling, it's not as simple as that. Sometimes when you try your hardest, if it's not meant for you it will not. But this Cinderella got a real lesson. A very good one to for the girls, don't be fooled by status or inheritance. See the prince? A great example...Number three, because this tale got the word slut!!! ha, ha no explanation needed...Number four, it's still a good literature piece for children (minus the slut but sooner or later they gonna pick the word..) it got matching rhymes, the language is simple and it is very easy for children to read. It proved that Mr. Dahl is in his own class, making fun of the tales but still instill some old touch to spice up the thing...

Good news, this is not the only tales that Dahl messed up!! he messed up another 5 tales. Recommendation, watch Red Riding Hood and Three Little Pigs. It's brilliant!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment