Sunday, November 16, 2008

Introduction

Well, since this is my first post, I could never think of a better fitting than starting it with

bismi-llāhi ar-raḥmāni ar-raḥīmi...
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful...

Actually, this is my second blog host, I actually almost never updated the first host until eventually I have forgotten the user name and password and since I've been thinking about posting another blog for quite some times, I'd just decided to chuck away the first host and start with a new one.

All right, let's begin with about me. Well, my name is actually Izzati but online, I always used Nico Izzat as my name. Why Nico? Because two people that I admired begin with Nico. Actually, one person and a character. The person is Nico Rosberg, my favorite F1 driver and secondly a character in One Piece, Nico Robin which in my opinion, the hottest female character in manga. Izzat because that's my name without the other 'i' in the end and since most of my friends called me izzat, I've grown to like it.

Right now, I'm a student, studying TESL in Uitm Shah Alam. Approaching my 7th semester, big step because practicum is coming soon. I don't consider myself as tall but also not consider myself as tiny either, at least among my friends. I also don't consider myself to be fair or dark but purely Asians. And like everyone, I have strengths and weaknesses in me so I'm pretty much like everyone except that I am one of a kind...well, everyone is one of a kind...

What do I like? Almost everything but I particularly fond of movies, books and animes and mangas. I also like to travel too but being a full-time student with 100% financial support from my folks, I guess you understand if I say that particular passion is not something that I can usually indulge on. But if I have the money, believe me, I'd conquer the world now...

And why my reflection? Because I always believe in Locard's principle of exchange. Locard said that anything that a human or a creature touches or passes by, it will leave exchange(s) that can be traced and analyzed. I'm not copying word-by-word but only the gist of what Locard said. Actually the principle of exchange is related to crime investigation like CSI stuff but I believe the essence of the principle is true in everyday life. I believe that anything that I touch, I can make a reflection out of it. Not only but touch, but I also believe in anything I brushed on, stepped on, looked on, hear from, ponder and wonder on can bring a reflection, not only to me, but to anyone around me.

My reflection is simply reflection in anything that I find interesting, like mangas I've read, films I've seen and many others. Maybe the film part will be quite serious because actually I have a dream of becoming a film critic. Not a notable one but at least on a small column in a newspaper will do. So sharpening my critique skills maybe can help me paved my way to become one good critic!!

Actually this is my dad's laptop so I don't have any pictures to show. But if you want to look or interested, you can always visit my friendster and facebook account, both go with the name of Nico Izzat. P/s: I don't look like Beyonce or any other hot women so don't get your hopes high...but actually I'm quite fond of how the way I look...

Ok, tomorrow I'll throw in my first reflection, perhaps about the manga Rouroni Kenshin. I know it's pretty old manga but I've just finished my 3 days marathon of reading it and I just get the itch to write about it. So, bye for now...


No comments:

Post a Comment